(Photo by HBO)
Click to view larger image (new window).
When you play the game of villainy, you win or you die – a long and gruesome death usually. We gave you the chance to choose the worst of the worst characters from the seven seasons of Game of Thrones so far in our villain bracket.
The final votes are in, and Ramsay Bolton has won the final a–hole battle! Anyone surprised by that outcome? The final tally in the contest of the “ROYAL DICK vs. THE BOLTON BASTARD”:
King Joffrey Baratheon – 1,219 (36.2%)
Ramsay Snow/Bolton – 2,149 (63.8%)
Even the Australian Red Cross has named him the worst Game of Thrones war criminal, based on his 17 violations of the international humanitarian laws (IHL) laid out in the Geneva Conventions. His crimes:
- Torture, cruel or inhuman treatment (x 6)
- Perfidy (x 4)
- Taking hostages
- Wilful killing of those who are hors de combat, such as injured soldiers or prisoners (x 2)
- Use of means or methods of warfare that inflict superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering
- Sexual violence, including rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution and enforced pregnancy (x 2)
- Making civilians not taking direct part in hostilities the object of attack
(The other characters making the top 5 of the Red Cross war criminal list include: Daenerys Targaryen (15), Roose Bolton (8), and, tied at fourth, Jon Snow, The Night King, and the Sons of the Harpy of Mereen, while Euron Greyjoy and Walder Frey tied for fifth place with five violations each.)
Congrats to actor Iwan Rheon for giving us a villain for the ages! Rheon can currently be seen as Mick Mars in Mötley Crüe biopic The Dirt on Netflix.
Previous results: Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
How it works
Voting for each round began at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT on each day:
- Tuesday, April 9 – vote in the Round 1 matches. (Closed)
- Wednesday, April 10 – find out who won the Round 1 matches, and vote in Round 2.(Closed)
- Thursday, April 11 – find out who won the Round 2 matches, and vote in Round 3.(Closed)
- Friday, April 12 – find out who won the Round 3 matches, and vote in Round 4.(Closed)
- Saturday, April 13 – find out who won the Round 4 matches, and vote for the winner in the final round.Closed)
- Sunday, April 14 – find out who wins the Battle of the A**holes.