This week on home video, we’ve got the latest installment of Michael Bay’s Transformers franchise, Jon Favreau’s indie hit, and the complete series of a hit Fox show that came back to television for a limited run earlier this year. On top of that, we’ve got a bunch of smaller releases starring the likes of Amy Poehler, Aaron Paul, Sam Shepard, Liam Neeson, Mila Kunis, and more. Read on for details:
Also available this week:
- Cold in July (86 percent), starring Michael C. Hall and Sam Shepard in a Certified Fresh thriller about a family man defending himself against an ex-con seeking revenge for the murder of his son.
- Ivory Tower (85 percent), a Certified Fresh documentary exploring whether or not college is worth the cost of massive student loan debt.
- Lucky Them (76 percent), starring Toni Collette and Thomas Haden Church in a dramedy about a journalist chasing a story about a rock legend who also happens to be her ex-boyfriend.
- Space Station 76 (61 percent), starring Patrick Wilson and Liv Tyler in a tongue-in-cheek relationship drama set in a 1970s version of the future.
- Hellion (59 percent), starring Aaron Paul and Juliette Lewis in a family drama about a young father learning to cope with his wife’s death and his two sons’ increasingly delinquent behavior.
- Paul Haggis’ Third Person (24 percent), starring Liam Neeson, Mila Kunis, and a bevy of stars in a film connecting three separate love stories.
- Matt Weiner’s Are You Here (7 percent), starring Amy Poehler, Owen Wilson, and Zach Galifianakis in a road comedy about a man battling his sister for their recently deceased father’s fortune.
- Season six of The Mentalist is available on DVD.
- The Equalizer Complete Collection, featuring all four seasons of the 1980s action drama upon which the recent Denzel Washington film was based.